Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mark_major
New Contributor II

FortiClient offline installer

Hello,

Where can we find offline installers for FortiClient, please?  I.E. this version and all future versions.

Often the process of the FortiClient installer connecting to the server and obtaining the files is the longest part of a job.  At least if we had an offline installer, we could anticipate how long the file would take to transfer or do it as a background process, etc.  My current install (update) to FortiClient on a remote laptop has taken half an hour to get to 15%.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Solutions
Fullmoon

mark.major@thecotswoldgroup.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

Sometimes I (and the end user) am waiting 10+ minutes for the 'retrieving servers' and 'downloading' stages of the online installer.  This could all be avoided if I could just grab an offline installer from the Fortinet site via the end-users home Internet or silently transfer an offline installer via TeamViewer/VPN in advance.  It is not at all productive for them or myself to watch an installer download stuff for up to 20 minutes.

Oh well,

Mark

same sentiments bro. :(

Fortigate Newbie

View solution in original post

Fortigate Newbie
smeeagain

hi,

I had same problem for ages and i have it right now, being away from my work place, withonly a wan connexion, and i dont have the credentials for login in with my organisation licence...

Like said above online installer is most of time very slow, that is a fact, that is very annoying when deploying this to a end user.

So why not provide a faster way to get the FC ?

I dont understand this...

Especially when you only just need to download it once, check your temporary files in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp when the 'real setup' is engaging and get the FortiCLIENTVPN.exe file generated by the online installer, which is the full setup.

That 's it, you got an offline installer...

Thank you

st3fan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the workaround. Pity Fortinet made it unnecessarily complicated.

32 REPLIES 32
mark_major

Thanks, Steve.  I am not admin on the SSL VPN portal.  We just add users to an AD group in order to give them access to the VPN.  The actual portal must serve thousands of people, for many other parts of the company across the UK.  Thank you, Mark

a_person

Sorry to revive this, but I think it's still relevant.  Where are the offline installers for FC 6.2.2?  6.0 series had FortiClientSetup*.exe available but it's missing in 6.2 series.  Need it for packing to the enterprise software store, our users don't have admin on the machines so aren't allowed to installed random apps.

smeeagain

hi,

I had same problem for ages and i have it right now, being away from my work place, withonly a wan connexion, and i dont have the credentials for login in with my organisation licence...

Like said above online installer is most of time very slow, that is a fact, that is very annoying when deploying this to a end user.

Especially when you only just need to download it once, check your temporary files in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp when the 'real setup' is engaging and get the FortiCLIENTVPN.exe file generated by the online installer, which is the full setup.

Thank you

st3fan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the workaround. Pity Fortinet made it unnecessarily complicated.

Informatika

smeeagain wrote:

hi,

Thank you

We were trying to install FortiClientMiniSetup-Windows-x64-Enterprise-6.0.9.exe. We had to wait until AFTER the installer was done to find the installer FortiClient.msi in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp". Before it was in a weir location: C:\ProgramData\Applications\Cache\{6C0A3C5E-7725-49D8-A016-B3ADCACF61C2}\6.0.9.0277 (We had to use ProcMon to trace it!)

mate

Oh my god, I thought we're the only ones. This is SO annoying. Especially in Corona-Homeoffice-Times we're super busy arraning VPNs and this downloader is the worst thing ever. It takes literally an hour to download. Really fun if you have 20-30 Clients to do. The paths the people mentioned before don't work for us, seems like there must be another temp-folder. Any suggestions?

garibay
New Contributor

mate wrote:

Oh my god, I thought we're the only ones. This is SO annoying. Especially in Corona-Homeoffice-Times we're super busy arraning VPNs and this downloader is the worst thing ever. It takes literally an hour to download. Really fun if you have 20-30 Clients to do. The paths the people mentioned before don't work for us, seems like there must be another temp-folder. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat - trying to set up multiple users for VPN access to work from home this coming week, feeling the frustration of having to wait ridiculously long times for each installer to download its needed files.  My frustration has turned to outright irritation and anger seeing that the need for this was clearly spelled out over a YEAR ago and FortiNet has essentially responded with a deaf ear and middle finger.  I'm a bit dumbfounded by this.

Janderson_Oliveira

Hello!!

On an already installed machine just go to the path C:\ProgramData\ApplicationData\Cache I did it here in my company and managed to access the full installer and even has about 89 MB

dan_iel

For anyone looking for the 6.0.9 x64 exe, I have downloaded it for everyone.   Link removed
er_prashantsh03

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors