Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yifan
New Contributor

FortiClient not working after changing router.

Hello.

I have used a forticlient vpn to access a remote desktop for work. It's always worked fine, but I have recently moved my setup from England to France for Christmas and it's stopped working. I am of course using a new roruter, have gone from Virgin to Orange. I cannot access the VPN and it gets stuck at 10% every time. I tried pinging the VPN address as well, and I get an error which says Request Timed Out. The wifi speed itself is really good, I can get crazy speeds of over 800mbps.

I also tried using my phone's WiFi hotspot as a source of wifi for my pc and it actually managed to log into the VPN (despite it being so slow it's almost unusable). I was still able to get on to the system.

I am a real novice on all of this, but I can only see it seems like it's perhaps something to do with the Orange router box.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

VidMate mobdro
3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Maybe the new router runs some firewall and blocks some port you need to connect?

Do you use SSL or IPSec VPN?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Alex13
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have a similar question/problem. Im using Forticlient 7.0.7.0345 and ever since I have received a new line and router (upgraded to fiber optic from adsl) I cant connect to Fortinet on Windows 10. Stuck at 10% following the error message to contact admin etc. 

The error occurs wired and with the wifi signal, however when I connect via my mobile connection/hotspot, it works. When I try to connect to the hotspot while my mobile has the wifi connection from the router, it doesnt work.

On top, when I use the same Forticlient on an old laptop running Windows 7 Pro, it connects fine with the new router/line, so I assume the issue must be somewhere within Windows 10 settings. Any idea what that could be?

Thanks,

Alex

sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm annother idea - cause I ran into this several times.

Can you check wether ipv6 is enabled on this connection? Maybe it is enabled but the old router only gave you an ipv4 address and the new one gives ipv6?

FortiClient is known to have issues with ipv6...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors