Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GS
New Contributor

FortiClient missing virtual adapter

Hi, I have installed over 50 FC and on two computers I have strange problem. The installation (FC version 2.0.148 only VPN option) runs perfectly you restart computer and after runinng ipconfig/all there is no Fortinet virtual adapter. After second reboot the situation is the same. Then I have uninstalled FC through Add/Remove programs and also with FC_manually_uninstall.wsf tool. I have repeated installation with only VPN option and the result was the same (no Fortinet virtual adapter). After that I have manually installed Fortinet virtual adapter through Add hardware and after that FC works perfectly until you restart your computer. If you want to use it the next time you should repeat manual installation... Does any one have this kind of problem? Can anyone help me? Thanks G
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

perhaps is the network card ..... same problem with intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network intel PRO/1000 PM NETWORK but work fine under VWWARE 5.5.1 + W 2000 SERVER + FORTICLIENT
GS
New Contributor

Hello, The problem is IP routing (ipconfig /all see Ip routing)... You have to disable routing and remote service then restart pc/laptop and after restart you will see Fortidriver virtual adapter. Gregor
vanc
New Contributor II

FortiClient' s virtual adapter is now visible to avoid the problems with routing and remote access service. You can ask a 2.0 latest build or 3.0 CR.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors