Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jshields
New Contributor

FortiClient: `<show_passcode>` doesnt appear to work with SSL VPN?

My team uses an SSL-VPN exclusively with MFA where a passcode is required.  We'd like FortiClient to reflect this by display "Passcode" instead of "Password".   We're using FCT 6.2.2.0877 and EMS 6.2.2.0833

The documentation suggests this is possible: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.2.2/xml-reference-guide/999411/ui-settings

<show_passcode>

Display Passcode instead of Password in the Remote Access tab in FortiClient.

I've set this value, ensured the profile has applied to the client, even rebooted... and I cannot get this field to apply to an SSL-based VPN connection.  I see that IPSEC has a similar property at the connection level, but I think its safe to assume that this global property should work for all connections.

Does anyone have any insight into this? 

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
jshields
New Contributor

For anyone that comes across this thread... I submitted a tech-support request and they confirmed that the global setting <system><ui><show_passcode>[0|1]</show_passcode></ui></system> only applies to IPSEC VPN.

(Quite discouraging, but the tech support who responded to my ticket referred me to my sales representative to submit a new feature request... which I plan to do, but that doesn't change the issue with the apparent lack of clarity in the XML documentation.)

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors