Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alan_Briggs
New Contributor

FortiClient fails on install

Hi, I need to install FortiClient to access a clients network. I have downloaded the newest version of the client but every time I try to install it gets to the point of " Starting services" then fails and rolls back the installation. The installer gives no indication of any error. The windows event log contains " Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: FortiClient. Product Version: 5.0.1.0194. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Fortinet Inc. Installation success or error status: 1603." I have full admin on my machine and I am trying to install into the standard program files folder. Anyone any ideas?
1 Solution
blahblah
New Contributor

How can you provide installer without signed drivers? Are you living in a cave or something? Nobody can install your 5.4 version because of this. Now my PC is ruined. Full of random fortinet files and registry entries which CANNOT be deleted. Very poor job!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Toffalini

I' m also have the same behavior: Forticlient v5.4.0.0780 x64 stops and rollback install.

Thanks

Neotheone
New Contributor

Hi,

I've the same issue here

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

FortiClientSetup_4.2.3.0271_x64

I'm administrator of my laptop and I didn't have any issues in the past when installing any kind of software.

The installation proceed up to "Installing Drives" step then Rollback without any error messages. I ran the remover to clean everything and then I checked both Network Adapters and Services looking for anything left behind.

Everything seems clean so I restarted my laptop and I tried again. The same issue occurs again and again.

Can you please have a look to the enclosed installation log and provide me some clues about what can I do to complete the installation ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Achille

Neotheone

Install log part 2 of 3

Neotheone

Install log part 3 of 3

kolawale_FTNT

Hi Achille,

According to your post, and the first log file attached, FortiClient version is 4.2.3. Please try the latest version: 5.2.3, available at www.forticlient.com.

Shawn_W

Any update on this issue?

artsperry
New Contributor

WinXP Pro SP3

Forticlient has worked fine on this machine as recently a 2 months ago.

Install gets all the way to "starting services" and fails. No info at all in error message.

Install log from beginning to a point where rollback is in process is attached

Any ideas??

jesusrmz

any update ?

-- Jesús Ramírez Security & Data Integrity Systems Engineer Afina Sistemas www.afina-la.com
-- Jesús Ramírez Security & Data Integrity Systems Engineer Afina Sistemas www.afina-la.com
blahblah
New Contributor

How can you provide installer without signed drivers? Are you living in a cave or something? Nobody can install your 5.4 version because of this. Now my PC is ruined. Full of random fortinet files and registry entries which CANNOT be deleted. Very poor job!

retteketet

Solution is simpel. First install an previous version and then the 5.4 version. the "problem with the unsigned drivers" persists. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors