Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
StrikedOut
New Contributor

FortiClient disconnecting.

Hi.

We have a couple of users that are having issues staying connected to our VPN using the latest version of FortiClient. We had to start using version 5.x.x as the firewall was up dated to a recent firmware a few months ago plus our users are now switching over to Windows 10. This connection is also very slow to pass 98% even after following the instructions found in this KB article, http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD36630.

I have attached the log and hopefully someone will be able to decipher it and point me in the correct direction.

Thanks for looking.

3 REPLIES 3
StrikedOut
New Contributor

Is there any one who can help or advise on this?

StrikedOut

Hi.

It seems that I am not going to fix this and I also conceed that there is a chance that it could be his home network that is causing the issue.

What has been the worst part of this issue for him is that when he does get disconnected, he has to restart his laptop to get re-connected. Is there something we can do to stop this need to restart to reconnect? It gets to 98% then just goes back to the username and password, is there anything I can do to prevent this from needing to be done? I have seen a couple of scripts but in both cases the services that was getting restarted wasnt part of his install.

When he does try to restart, the error he is seeing is;

Unable to establish the VPN connection (E=98,T70,M99,R-983070010)

He is running the latest version.

Thanks.

hgfigueroa
New Contributor

I have similar problems. Various people using forticlient. They connect normally, but cannot enter the company network. After about 10 to 15 minutes, it allows them to connect. How do I say there are several people. What I notice is that it doesn't take the correct path on the virtual card. But after that time. The path is set. Is rare. I install various versions from 6 to 7 and still the same.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors