Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gopro
New Contributor

FortiClient breaks on MacOS Sierra !

In the latest MacOS Seirra beta 5- FortiClient breaks!

I'm running version 5.2.3.370.

The screen shows empty content, no buttons or text.

Any ideas?

1 Solution
Jpokki
New Contributor

If the install button doesn't work, this is what worked for me.

-Leave the unpacking/installation process and dialog active, even if the button doesnt work: do not close it or unmount the image.

-Open Finder, then use the Go to folder promt to go /private/var/

-Search for "fctupdate"

-When it is found, open the folder and run the forticlient.dmg from there.

I managed to install the FortiClient this way, but sadly it didn't allow me to connect properly anymore, resulting a -104 error. But that is another issue. We just changed to macOS VPN connection after some hours of frustration...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mattbaldwin
New Contributor

5.2.6.385 installs and works fine for me in MacOS Sierra GM build.

ghesse

Unsuccessful running 5.4.1 on Sierra. Where would I find the version you have which works? I tried downloading 5.4.1 from the Fortinet website. I get as far as the modal with the Install button, but nothing happens when I click Install.

Jpokki
New Contributor

If the install button doesn't work, this is what worked for me.

-Leave the unpacking/installation process and dialog active, even if the button doesnt work: do not close it or unmount the image.

-Open Finder, then use the Go to folder promt to go /private/var/

-Search for "fctupdate"

-When it is found, open the folder and run the forticlient.dmg from there.

I managed to install the FortiClient this way, but sadly it didn't allow me to connect properly anymore, resulting a -104 error. But that is another issue. We just changed to macOS VPN connection after some hours of frustration...

ghesse
New Contributor

Jpokki, thanks for the help. Since posting, I found a link to an earlier FortiClient version (5.4.0.511) and was able to install that successfully.

I followed those instructions but it looks like that dmg was the 5.4.0 version. I'm now getting prompted to update to 5.4.1 but then I get a message which says 'You have no authority to get update.' when I attempt to download.

kleptomac

I found this article, according to which above steps worked with v 5.4.1. Haven't tried though.

http://www.benstegink.com/macos-and-my-apps/

Has anyone tried this and got it working?

ghesse

kleptomac, the instructions given at your link are quite similar to those given above by Jpokki. As for me, I ended up running the uninstaller to start from scratch. Then, I downloaded 5.4.1 from the Fortinet site, then ran the setup to the point where the Install button appears. I then searched for the .dmg in the fctupdate folder, ran it from there and I'm good.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors