Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adamZajler
New Contributor

FortiClient & VPN standalone dosen't work on Ubuntu 23.10

I was using FortiClient but it expired after month. I uninstalled it & tried to install VPN standalone. But after clicking "Connect" => accept token in app => I have "Connected" and "Disconected" after second. I was having this same issue before but installing full client worked.

SydoxX fix didn't worked https://gist.github.com/SydoxX/f40a9d4d7af414049b6e07092e8bbc2b

1 REPLY 1
chauhans
Staff
Staff

Hello @adamZajler 

From the above issue description, I can understand that you are facing issues with SSL VPN not getting disconnected.

• Forticlient VPN-only functionality (both IPsec and SSL) is free no matter what is the version of either Fortigate or Forticlient. 
  • Forticlient (FC) version up to and including 6.0 was free in ALL functions, not only VPN - but Web FIltering, A/V etc. Starting with FC 6.2 you have to buy EMS license to have the same functionality, but VPN is still free.

However to troubleshoot the SSL VPN Issue, Could you please let us know what is the error you are getting? Attaching snapshot would be appreciated!

Thanks
    @chauhans 
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors