Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ELXA
New Contributor

FortiClient always loses the connection a few minutes after connecting for the first time

Hi folks,
I have a small but annoying problem with FortiClient.
Every day when I connect to the VPN for the first time I get kicked after a few minutes. At first I thought it was a problem with the internet connection, but I ran a ping and WireShark, WireShark shows no errors and the ping has 0% packet loss. 

I then reset my network under Windows and finally reinstalled the entire OS - unfortunately without success.

The strange thing is that this only happens the first time I connect, if I get kicked off and then connect, the connection lasts the whole day without any problems!

The FortiClient log file shows the following message:

error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 1540: error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)
info sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 3132: Ras: connection to fortissl terminated

I'm using FortiClient v7.0.5.0238.

I'm curious if anyone here has ever had the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Dhruvin_patel

Greetings!

I have seen a similar issue where the connection stuck at 98 percent. 

error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 1540: error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)
info sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 3132: Ras: connection to fortissl terminated

Would you try with this version: 7.0.11:0470, 7.2.5:1454, 7.4.0:2259, and check if the issue is fixed? 

Otherwise, as a workaround, disable the dtls,

At Fortigate side
config vpn ssl settings
set dtls-tunnel disable
end

Regards!

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Dhruvin Patel
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @ELXA,

Please refer to this article for more information about the error message: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-Interpreting-WSAGetLastError-in-FortiCli...

Do you have any other VPN client software installed? If yes, try uninstalling it. 

Regards, 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors