Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anru
New Contributor

FortiClient-Windows8.1

On Windows 8.1 SSL VPN connection by FortiClient doesn' t work (version 4.4.2303). Does someone have the same problem or Windows 8.1 is not compatible with FortiClient?
7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_McMullan

Could you describe in more detail what happens when you try to connect? Are you connecting to a FortiGate running 4.3.18, or another build? Can you successfully connect using a different OS than Windows 8 to the same FortiGate using the same SSLVPN client version?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

anru
New Contributor

When I try to connect, connection goes down immediately. Firmware version of FG-600C is v5.0,build0292 - GA Patch 9. Trying to connect with other OS (Windows 7, XP) with the same FortiClient connection is ok. Why?
Christopher_McMullan

Try posting the SSLVPN daemon output here for analysis, or open a ticket with that, your configuration file, and the versioning details for the FortiGate OS and client version. diag debug reset diag debug enable diag debug application sslvpn -1 The release notes for 5.0.9 mention that 8.1 (both architectures) explicitly is supported running build 2303 of the SSLVPN client. According to the documentation, it should work. Otherwise, you could try the build that shipped with 5.0.6: 4.4.2297.

anru
New Contributor

I solved problem in this way: * Uninstall FortiSSL from network connection * Delete VPN connection from FortiClient * Uninstall FortiClient + Reboot * Reinstall FortiClient * Reconfigure VPN connection under FortiClient * Start connection
Christopher_McMullan

Cool! I' m working on similar cases for the full FortiClient program. It' s an issue with the WAN Miniport adapter, from what I' ve seen. There are some netsh and netcfg commands which can help verify if this is causing the issue, and remove the miniport adapter, to have Windows reinstall it, etc. I' ll keep the commands for a ticket in case it happens to anyone else, to make sure the issue is examined under TAC supervision, unless someone else wants to post them here and talk about their own experience. Otherwise, if your SSLVPN client (tunnel-mode or full) fails to connect, connects then disconnects, or else stops at 98% progress on Windows 8.1 (doesn' t look like 8 is affected in the same way), open a TAC ticket and quote bug no. 232764. Around July 1st we started using netcfg to remove and reinstall the WAN Miniport adapter.

FKribs

Christopher McMullan_FTNT wrote:
Cool! I' m working on similar cases for the full FortiClient program. It' s an issue with the WAN Miniport adapter, from what I' ve seen. There are some netsh and netcfg commands which can help verify if this is causing the issue, and remove the miniport adapter, to have Windows reinstall it, etc. I' ll keep the commands for a ticket in case it happens to anyone else, to make sure the issue is examined under TAC supervision, unless someone else wants to post them here and talk about their own experience. Otherwise, if your SSLVPN client (tunnel-mode or full) fails to connect, connects then disconnects, or else stops at 98% progress on Windows 8.1 (doesn' t look like 8 is affected in the same way), open a TAC ticket and quote bug no. 232764. Around July 1st we started using netcfg to remove and reinstall the WAN Miniport adapter.

Christopher-

We posted a similar thread with the same issue but with Windows Server 2012 R2.

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=111769

Can you send us the netsh...etc. commands/miniport so that we can see if it helps detect our issue?

Darren
New Contributor

not sure this will help at all, but FYI I am using forticlient 5.2.0.0591 on windows 8.1 with no issues. Have been using it for a few months...
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors