Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MarioZ
New Contributor II

FortiClient - Website blocked (Bad Request Invalid Verb)

Hello

we need to logon to a Web-Portal.
The Portal is reachable and the login-page is displayed.
After entering the user/password we get a Bad Request answear.
(HTTP Error 400. The request verb is invalid).
If we disable the FortiProxy in the system settings profile, we can log in to the portal...
What can i do? I don't wan't to disable the Proxy.

Regards
Mario

MaZi
MaZi
8 REPLIES 8
asengar
Staff
Staff

Hi @MarioZ 

Can you check in the proxy when entering the username and password what is the redirection happening, as you mentioned disabling the proxy it is working fine.

So when the proxy is enabled, and you enter the credentials can you capture the packet and share the logs.

As the error HTTP 400 caused by an invalid request. Thus, the server can't understand and process it.

Thanks

@bhishek
MarioZ
New Contributor II

Update to FortiClient 7.2.1.0779 solved the problem

MaZi
MaZi
asengar

Hi @MarioZ 

Thanks for your reply !!!

Regards,

Abhishek

@bhishek
MrHoosFoos
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same symptom across a bunch of client devices; Trying to access web applications, but are getting Bad Request - Invalid Verb (HTTP Error 400. The Request Verb is Invalid).
I will try updating a couple of the clients to 7.2.1.0779 - but is there a place to see any evidence of this on the client device itself? In some FortiClient log somewhere? Or on the EMS?

Thanks!

chauhans

Hello @MrHoosFoos 

Could you please confirm the forticlient version of the affected client machine?

Also, To check further, Please follow the steps outlined below to generate the logs:

1. Set logs to debug on the affected endpoint

- Open EMS console > Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles > <profile name> > System Settings > Log > Level > Debug > Enable everything > Save
2. Confirm that profile gets pushed to the endpoint by going to the Forticlient console.
- Settings --> Logging --> The level should be debug now
3. Reproduce the issue
4. On the affected machine's Forticlient console go to the About tab and run the diagnostic tool there.
5. The output is in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp).

Thanks,

@chauhans

MrHoosFoos

Hi @chauhans

Thanks for the information. I will try these steps.

The affected endpoints here are running 7.0.8

Thanks!

chauhans

@MrHoosFoos 
Thanks for your response!

Upgrading to 7.0.9 and 7.2.1 will resolve the issue, however, you may capture the above logs for your reference.

Regards,

Shaleni Chauhan

MrHoosFoos
New Contributor

Hi @chauhans

Starting to test with the 7.0.9 version and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Thank you so much!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors