Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dkernaghan
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN connection disconnects on macOS

Hello all,

First time post, apologies if there are any decorum faux-pas.

Is there a time-out limit with a licensed version of FortiClient on a macOS.

We have a mini-mac device that we would like to keep connected even when there is no traffic going through the connection, but all the testing I've done seems to indicate that the connection drops and attempts to reconnect every 10-15 minutes.

This wouldn't be a problem except we have a 2FA for the VPN connection and I have to click on the accept button everytime it reconnects. 

I've got the 'always up' box ticked but it seems to still disconnect.

Any anyone advise if the time-out exits, if it can be changed or if there is a work-around to make sure the connection stays up.

Thank you in advance to any helpers,

DK

11 REPLIES 11
RKNYC

Thanks and you're right but no, that's what I'm saying. The machine is not going to sleep. The connection drops when I am actively using the machine. Like I'll be typing an email or in a document and then suddenly it drops.

adamchristensen

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a user with the same issue, VPN is disconencting the middle of use, and unfortunately this breaks the network connection on the laptop.

Unable to re-connect to the VPN or access the internet unless the laptop is rebooted.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors