Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
claudyyus
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN command line errors

FortiClient VPN v.7.0.5.0238 with FortiClientTools

I want to connect to the VPN from the command line. For this I use the auxiliary tool from FortiClientTools.

e.g. FortiSSLVPNclient.exe connect -s MyCompanyName i -m -q (No Certificate)

Forticlient ssl vpn connected but no bytes recieved . If I don't use the command line, everything works perfectly.  What is the difference or where is the mistake ?  Specify that if i use an older version of Forticlient I do not encounter this problem. 

12 REPLIES 12
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello claudyyus,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi claudyyus,

While I m looking for a solution, I m sharing this documentation with you:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.5/windows-release-notes/371487/introduction

It will maybe provide you some interesting information.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
claudyyus

Any update ?

RachelGomez123
Contributor

Ensure that the version of FortiClient used is compatible with the user’s version of FortiOS.

Export FortiClient debug logs by doing the following:

Go to File >> Settings. Under the logging section, enable “Export logs.”
Set the “Log Level” to debug and select “Clear logs.”
Attempt to connect to the VPN.
Select Export logs after receiving the connection error.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

agostinolabruna
New Contributor

Hello, I have the same problem: since I ugraded FortiClient VPN to 7.05 (and to 7.0.7) SSL CMDline does not work, the client connects but bytes received stays at 0.

If I connect using the GUI with the same settings it works.

I noticed that the route is wrong and even the IP that is assigned to the Virtual Adapter

The last version that seems to work is FortiClient VPN 7.0.2. I tested against a variety of versions and 7.0.2 is fine, but as soon as I upgrade the Client to 7.0.5 the cmdline stops working.

VinnieNZ
New Contributor II

I've also had this issue.  7.0.2 is the last version of SSLVPNcmdline that works, as soon as we go to 7.0.3, it stops working (ever since the FCCryptDLL.dll file is added to SSLVPNcmdline).

Looking at the network adapter for the VPN, we see that no IP ever get's assigned to the adapter - I'm not sure if this is the cause or just a symptom.

I've tried pretty much every version from 7.0.3 up, with the matched main VPN client version, each time I get the same issue.

I'm keen to get this resolved, please let me know what further info I can provide so we can progress this.

Macro
New Contributor

I have this exact issue. It is quite annoying and hopefully it will get resolved soon.

kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Is Split tunnel enabled in this scenario?

Regards,

Vimala

VinnieNZ

In my scenario, both split and all traffic.

Predominantly split tunnel though.

More than happy to do testing.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors