Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dani1
New Contributor II

FortiClient VPN codes -6005 -5001 -5002 -6006

Yeah the title is extrange, while trying to solve this i got different codes loggin in at 20 to 40%
I couldn't find the issue much less solve it.

So i got this PC (Win10) with FortiClient VPN and some VPN's on it, every VPN URL works but one, this VPN URL works on everyone but 2 people, they stopped working for them at the same time while everyone else didn't have an issue, with cmd i executed "ping" and "tracert" to this VPN URL with successful results, i run "route print" and everything seemed fine. I examined the firewall rules that was allowing Forti as an application, and i even created a new rule for the port used by this VPN URL configuration which is 10443, I've attempted to access Forti with the same account from another PC with the same router in the same network, and it worked, suggesting that the problem may be specific to his PC since there are not closed ports on the router, even with mobile data network the issue remains. I've verified the Forti configuration, and it seems to be correct as per the manual for all users for this VPN URL. So i uninstalled Forti with Windows, i updated the whole system, drivers and BIOS. I've tried with an older verision of FortiClient VPN, this didn't work so i get back to the current one. I open Internet Setting | Advance options: I check here that everthing is normal with the SSL and TSL's, i try with all differents combinations of TSL without some of them, without any of them... Finally i uninstall all VPN's apps and VPN URL from the system, then i uninstall Forti with PowerShell, command: wmic product where "name like 'Forti%%" call uninstall /nointeractive . The system restarts without any VPN at all, i reinstall FortiClient VPN and try again but this and none of these efforts have solved the problem or found the issue.

Thx for reading all this :D

13 REPLIES 13
mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @dani1,

What is the client OS version? It look like the issue is specific to those computer only. Also, what is the FortiClient version on those computers?

Regards,
Minh

dani1
New Contributor II

Windows 10 enterprise 22H2
The Forti version is the last one downloaded from the website

pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello 

Possible reasons for FortiClient SSL VPN connectivity failure at specific percentages 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Possible-reasons-for-FortiClient-SSL...

Thanks,

Pavan

dani1
New Contributor II

Fixed, i set up the proxy to automatic

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors