Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
francescobalatti
New Contributor II

FortiClient VPN bytes received 0

Hi, I'm using FortiClient VPN for conneticting to a customer's VPN but I can't receive any bytes:

francescobalatti_0-1669885810145.png

Same username and password on other PC work and every username and password on my PC don't work.

I tried disabling/closing: firewall, antivirus, teams, onedrive, ...

I have the default settings of Windows 11 and I'm using FortiClient 7.0.7.0345.

VPN configuration is correct.

Could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance

Francesco

MAS Consulting

29 REPLIES 29
BSAdmin

Okay so my problem is definitely the update KB2693643. Windows automatically reinstalled it and I got the same error again. After uninstalling the client works fine again.

@Sheikh does fortinet already have a solution for this or can they confirm the error?

Steffen

FredChan

Hey many thanks for this info! :)
It fixed my issue as well on my Windows 11 machine.
(FCT version 7.0.7 and 7.2.0 tested with same results)

Powershell command used:
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2693643

tof
New Contributor II

Same issue here after instaling Windows 11 RSAT KB2693643, it's definitively the problem.

PMoreta
New Contributor

Same issue, I made tests with different versions of VPN Client, various devices (With/without updates), Windows 10/11 and problem persist.  It's aleatory some days works, some days no.

Please any idea?

sso
New Contributor

We are having the same problem, but it's not related to a windows update. It does the problem at random on our computers. We are having 1 or two case per day. Usually, waiting about 10 minutes before reconnecting solves the problem.

We have no idea why it's doing that. We don't have access to the VPN network when the received bytes are at 0. It's not a DNS problem because we can't ping IPs either. Our Forticlient VPN is version 7.0.7.0345 but we've been having the same issue with previous versions.

Note : we are on Windows 10 22H2, not 11

Would be interested in a solution.

Thanks!

IT-WSF
New Contributor

Exact sam problem "FortiClient VPN 7.0.7.0345" and "Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1265"

jrbudil
New Contributor

El problema esta en la actualización de Windows KB2693643

anderson_araujo
New Contributor

I don't have installed KB2693643, but I have the same problem, Bytes Received 0 and the session is disconnected. Any idea what could cause the problem?

preacher

I've had the same problem for about 3 years and never been able to figure out why. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't, it'll nail up the VPN but not receive any data. It also seems to be on retail WiFi for me. I've checked if there were overlapping routes and all kinds of things. Even know folks in the places it doesn't work and have seen their firewall/router/ACL configs. Nope. This is a Forti-problem.

DanGPrice
New Contributor

Same problem here ever since we started using FortiVPN. Intermittent problem, I might have the problem to day on my device and tomorrow my device will work fine, only to have the problem again next week.  While I have the problem, others are able to connect.  While I can connect, someone else will have the problem. On most days, everyone can connect.  But this is still a problem - my answer to users can't be "wait until later and try again".  It has noting to do with routes, etc... I/P v4 isn't loaded upon connection, although IP v6 is loaded.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors