Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Blubaru
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN and MacOS Ventura Compatibility?

Is FC VPN 7.0+ compatible with the new Ventura OS?

I had the app working fine on the previous OS, but once upgraded, the app no longer can connect.  I get a "network error. Unable to connect to server".  I've confirmed that nothing has changed on the remote end and my PC still works fine.

I know Apple sometimes like to mess around with security settings on these update, which is what I'm guessing is causing this issue.

So far, I've done the following:

Disabled my local firewall

Given FC VPN full access to my computer.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?  Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Are you using hostname to connect? Can you try with IP address?

Cheers,
Graham
Blubaru

That was good idea and seemed to help a bit.  There was a resolution error of some kind happening.  Once I used the address, it was able to reach the server.  We use a two-factor authentication, w/ DUO Security, so it prompts you (on your phone) to accept the new VPN connection before it connect.  I do get a prompt to accept the new connection, which I accept.  Once accepted, Forticlient continues to connect as it typically would, but instead of reaching 100% Connected, it just blanks out and takes me back to the start where I need to renter my credentials and start the process again.  Seems like can't establish or maintain the connection. 

gfleming

I had some certificate issues in the past which were resolved by using IP address instead of hostname. 

But I do have a working FVT 7.0.6 on Ventura that can connect using hostname now using MFA (FortiToken). 

So it *should* work but hard to say exactly what you're up against right now. 

I would suggest contacting TAC.

Cheers,
Graham
EbonyShull
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know more about it. 

RMK
New Contributor II

Fortclient 7.08 isn't compatibilty with Macos Ventura. Only version which works is 6.410.

RMK
New Contributor II

I have tried install it  on three Different Devices (clean install / Macos Ventura). It not works. I have also given "full disk right".

PD
New Contributor

Since yesterday, I have been experiencing the exact same issue. I am currently using MacOS Ventura 13.4 and FortiClient VPN 7.0.1.0060. There have been no changes made by the IT department, and I can successfully connect to the VPN using FortiClient on my iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, and even a Mac running High Sierra (10.13.6). The behavior is consistent across these devices, where FortiTray correctly connects to the VPN. On both the Ventura Macs i own, however, FortiTray attempts to establish a connection but suddenly disconnects. I have checked the logs, but they do not provide any useful information. The only odd thing I have noticed is that both the FortiClient and FortiClient Uninstaller applications in the Applications folder have a grey lock icon in the bottom left corner. On MacOS Ventura, the System Settings app has undergone significant changes in appearance compared to previous versions. However, in the Privacy & Security panel, I have granted all permissions to the app, and in any case I have not made any changes to them in the past two days.

I am desperately trying to download version 6.4.10, but am unable to find it anyware on the Internet. I tried also to access support.fortinet.com with my credentials, but am unable to download an older version of a free software: it seems like I have to pay a license in order to download older free versions of a software! 
Do you have any advices?

gilbon
New Contributor

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).pngHello,
I have exactly the same problem on Mac Ventura, I can't uninstall the Forticlient application, it's locked. I've tried every solution but nothing works. Have you been able to solve your problem?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors