Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Steven_Lengua
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN Remote Desktop with iPad

Getting the Forticlient to connect through an iPad was hard enough but I can't get an RDP session to work. I connect through FortiClient with an iPad to my network. I have the Microsoft Remote Desktop App on the iPad but I cannot connect to any pc on my network. Reading through the reviews on the App store some have said that RDP does not work from IOS. Works fine from my Windows laptop.

Can anyone confirm that RDP through Forticlient VPN on an iPad / iPhone does not work? I have FortiClient 5.2.0 from the App store and Fortigate 5.0 Patch 8.

Thanks.   

CAlengua

CAlengua
2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Lin_FTNT

No, it won't work.

FortiClient on iPad can only open a web portal (not a tunnel), and it cannot bring up another RDP app for remote desktop.

Steven_Lengua
New Contributor

Correct! Forticlient will not work for RDP on IOS. However you can use the native VPN client in your settings on your iPhone or Ipad to configure an IPSec connection. Connecting this way does allow for an RDP session. Thanks for the assistance.

CAlengua

CAlengua
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors