Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Olav
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN Editor for CLI

Hello, I know the FortiClient VPN Editor can be used to change connection settings, but is there a way to change these settings by CLI or another (registry-) tool? With the VPN Editor Tool we can only change the settings for ONE vpn connection We have different users with more than one (also different) VPN connection. We want to push different configurations to these users flexible and easily. Greets, Olav
FCNSP, FCESP AirITSystems
FCNSP, FCESP AirITSystems
4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Lin_FTNT

I am afraid there is no CLI to change VPN setting.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Chris.Lin: It would help a lot to know where FC config is kept - in files, in which folder then, or in the registry? With FC 4.2.x I could locate a branch in the registry and with proper tools one could script the config. Only that the FC needed a restart to put the changed params into operation.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
mmar5540
New Contributor

Hi Olav, you could export all FCT settings to xml file with FCConfig.exe utility (On Win platform you can find it at FCT installation folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FortiClient\), modify setting (see http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/2076/forticlient-xml-52.pdf) and import back to FCT again with FCConfig.exe. You can prepare xml file and tell you users how to import. BTW. syntax for FCConfig is very easy, see " fcconfig.exe -help"
Maverick4u
Visitor

Managing multiple VPN connections can be tricky! While the FortiClient VPN Editor works for individual settings, using scripts for CLI might help automate the process across users.

On a related note, I often share productivity tips on my site, InShot Pros, which might offer insights into managing various tools efficiently. Hope that helps!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors