Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
XFox
New Contributor III

FortiClient VPN Console takes a very long time to open on Mac (macOS Ventura and Sonoma)

On my Mac it takes a very long time, about 2 minutes, for the FortiClient Console to open.

When I click on the FortiClient menu bar icon --> Open FortiClient Console, the FortiClient app starts bouncing in the Dock for about 1 minute, then an empty FortiClient window appears and after another minute the GUI elements appear and the Console becomes usable.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

System configuration:

• MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
  • macOS Ventura 13.5 (22G5048d) Beta 3
  • FortiClient VPN 7.2.1.0718
13 REPLIES 13
XFox
New Contributor III

Hi,

Full Disk Access for the FortiClient app and the fctservctl2 process is and has always been enabled.

By the way, the documentation's screenshots are very outdated, they refer to macOS 12 Monterey but, as you can see, the GUI has changed a lot in macOS 13 Ventura and macOS 14 Sonoma:

Full Disk Access.png

fatihseyligli

Hello,

Can you please run the following command in the terminal and disable it if you see any third-party AV or security software in the list?

systemextensionsctl list

Thanks & Regards

XFox
New Contributor III

This is the output of the command, I don't have any third-party antivirus or security system extensions:

agovoni@mymac ~ % systemextensionsctl list
6 extension(s)
--- com.apple.system_extension.driver_extension
enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state]
* * EZ5B6482X4 com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungMTP (2.2.10/2.2.10) com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungMT[activated enabled]
* * EZ5B6482X4 com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungComposite (2.2.10/2.2.10) com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungComposite [activated enabled]
* * EZ5B6482X4 com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungSerial (2.2.10/2.2.10) com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungSerial [activated enabled]
* * EZ5B6482X4 com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungACMData (2.2.10/2.2.10) com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungACMData [activated enabled]
* * EZ5B6482X4 com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungACMControl (2.2.10/2.2.10) com.devguru.DriverKit.SamsungACMControl [activated enabled]
--- com.apple.system_extension.network_extension
enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state]
* * AH4XFXJ7DK com.fortinet.forticlient.macos.vpn.nwextension (7.2.2/0776) vpnprovider [activated enabled]

The com.devguru.* extensions are installed by Samsung Smart Switch.

XFox
New Contributor III

*quick update*

I installed FortiClient VPN 7.2.3.0822 and it seems it solved the issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors