Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rnarla
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN 7.0.8 NOT showing machine certificate

Hi,

I have upgraded my FortiClient VPN from 7.0.6 to 7.0.8 and now the FortiClient VPN doesnt show the machine certificate.

I had to give myself local admin privileges for the VPN client to display the machine certificate.

Anyone else have the same issue ?

Thanks

Rakesh

1 Solution
Marthen
New Contributor II

If its SSL VPN check setting < allow_standard_user_use_system_cert > 1 < / allow_standard_user_use_system_cert >

Got same problem. Fortinet surprise every new release.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Marthen
New Contributor II

If its SSL VPN check setting < allow_standard_user_use_system_cert > 1 < / allow_standard_user_use_system_cert >

Got same problem. Fortinet surprise every new release.

rnarla
New Contributor

Yes that fixed it. Thanks a lot :)

I dont have this line on 7.0.6 tho but that worked fine.

asho22
New Contributor

Hi,

Where is this configuration file located?  I can select the user / computer certificate when creating the vpn profile but when logging in can only see user certificate.

Marthen
New Contributor II

It's xml configuration remote access profile in EMS management server

Markus_M
Staff
Staff

important on the certificates and the display is that the FortiClient is able to read the private key of the certificate AND look in the right place.

Machine certificates are stored on computer level and the end user might not have permission to read everything on the whole machine. If FortiClient cannot read the private key, the certificate cannot be used and will not be displayed for choice.

The line there I believe only changes where FortiClient is looking for the certificate (literally reading this line)

Marthen
New Contributor II

But in this case it's problem of 7.0.8 version. We have setup and correct certificates we was running for years since 6.0, but after upgrade to 7.0.8 these certificates disappear.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors