Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cizaquita
New Contributor

FortiClient SafeSearch/WebFilter overwrites Windows hosts file

Hi verybody,

FortiClient is overwriting my host file on Windows 10, making youtube restricted but I have all configuration aproved to safe search:

"This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account."

I tried to edit the host file manually, all good, but FortiClient overwrites it once again.

I solved this error by disabling Web Filtering, but I wouldn't like to, because I need the websites logging and adverts.

There's no configuration option to add/remove FortiClient web safe search sites to the host file, so...

If I have all Safe Search aproved, why is the FortiClient adding these URLs in the host file? The problem is in youtube video restriction, everything else is fine.

These are the youtube URLs added automatically by FortiClient SafeSearch:

216.239.38.120 www.youtube.com # redirected to restrict.youtube.com by Forticlient SafeSearch
216.239.38.120 m.youtube.com # redirected to restrict.youtube.com by Forticlient SafeSearch
216.239.38.120 youtubei.googleapis.com # redirected to restrict.youtube.com by Forticlient SafeSearch
216.239.38.120 youtube.googleapis.com # redirected to restrict.youtube.com by Forticlient SafeSearch
216.239.38.120 www.youtube-nocookie.com # redirected to restrict.youtube.com by Forticlient SafeSearch

Thanks, Chris.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors