Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tonystephens
Visitor

FortiClient SSLVPN CLI (Command Line)

Hi All,
I currently have a client who uses the FortiClient VPN (Zero trust Fabric Agent) Version 7.4.0.1658. Using the GUI work fine, no problems. However, when trying using the CLI (from this article) it fails. The process I followed was.

• Execute FortiSSLVPNclient.exe (version 7.4.1658)
  • Click settings,
  • Create a new connection (eg: MyCo), [Note the Client isn't saving the 'Do not warn about server certificate validation failure' or the 'User Name' and 'Password' in the Connection Settings dialogue box.] I'm running the exe as Admin.
  • Once I've created the connection, the command line I'm using is: FortiSSLVPNclient.exe connect -s MyCo -h [IP]:[Port] -u [userid]:[password] i -m -q

All that happens is the GUI appears, then if I click connect it flashes "connecting", then immediately back to "Disconnected". I've upped the logging of the FortiClient SSLVPN to "everything" but can't find the logs - LOL.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards:
Tony.

1 REPLY 1
rahul_p1
Staff
Staff

Hi, 

Can you please share on which OS you are running Forticlient via CLI?

Do you have EMS for Forticlient?

Please refer to this article:- Possible reasons for FortiClient SSL VPN ... - Fortinet Community

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors