Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

FortiClient - Register Endpoint

Using a WiFi 60D with the standard 10 included FortiClient licenses. When I try to click to Register Endpoint from a computer with FortiClient installed I get an Error message that says "FortiGate maximum licenses exceeded.".

When I go to System / Dashboard / Status / License Information, it says that 10 of the 10 FortiClient clients are registered.

We are using less than 10 endpoints with FortiClient currently. FortiClient may have been installed on computers that have since been decommissioned. How can we release licenses that are no longer being used?

1 Solution
Chris_Lin_FTNT

From FortiOS CLI, you can first list who are registered:

diag endpoint registration list

Then deregister some of them:

FWF60D4615000391 # diag endpoint registration deregister

<id> FortiClient UID ("all" for all UID's).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

By the way, when I click on the Details button to the right of the FortiClient 10 of 10 registered clients in the License Information window of the Dashboard Status page it takes me to User & Device / Monitor / FortiClient. It lists Total Devices Tracked: 4. Only 3 of the 4 show a Status of "Registered". I'm not sure why 10 devices are not listed as the License Information window shows that 10 are already registered.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

From FortiOS CLI, you can first list who are registered:

diag endpoint registration list

Then deregister some of them:

FWF60D4615000391 # diag endpoint registration deregister

<id> FortiClient UID ("all" for all UID's).

omkam

I am facing an issue in Forticlient EMS version 7.0.8,

I have purchased license for 125 users, and I have used 103 out of 125.

But in dasboard it is showing only 89 used out of 125. 

how to find the remaining used endpoint license?

Omkar
Omkar
terry_jjr
New Contributor

or right click them in the GUI and unregister them.  Same deal

SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Chris.Lin_FTNT, thanks for the very helpful answer. While the GUI solutions should have worked too it seems, for some reason the GUI view looked different and did not seem to allow me to remove the unwanted devices.

Thanks again to everyone.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors