Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Zaq
New Contributor II

FortiClient - Problem with rebooting - cxwmbclass.sys

Hi,

I'm testing FortiClientEMS version 7.0.6 and noticed that when installed on a laptop, it causes it to reboot. The reason for the reboot is probably the GSM card.

GSM card: Fibocom L850-GL
Laptop model: Lenovo T14s

When I turn off the GSM card then the laptop does not reboot.

On reboot a bluescreen appears and it says:
Stop code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP
Source of the problem: cxwmbclass.sys

I installed this version of FortiClient on two laptops and the same problem appears.

Is this problem already known?

4 REPLIES 4
rosatechnocrat
Contributor II

Dear Zaq,

This looks like an already known issue exist in Forticlient as I have also observed the same and seems to be a bug. You can contact Fortinet for fixing the issue. 

Rosa Technocrat -- Also on YouTube---Please do Subscribe
Rosa Technocrat -- Also on YouTube---Please do Subscribe
Scott7
New Contributor

Hello, just curious if you have any more info on this problem? I just installed FortiClient 7.0.7 on a handful of new laptops with mobile broadband cards and have random blue screens showing the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP message on them all.

Zaq
New Contributor II

Hello, unfortunately this problem still occurs. You should report all such problems to Fortinet support and wait for them to resolve the issue. I do not know of a solution for this problem.

Scott7
New Contributor

Thanks Zaq. I did eventually open a ticket for my issue. I was quickly told this was a known issue and I was provided an intrim build of FortiClient that resolved my issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors