Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Michael_McDonnell
New Contributor III

FortiClient Logging Daemon CPU Usage after Windows 10 Patch?

Is anyone else seeing "FortiClient Logging Daemon" consuming a lot of CPU after applying this week's Windows 10 patches?

After I patched today I began to see periodic (not constant) spike in CPU usage. These usually last about 2 minutes and re-occur every 15-30 minutes. 

I am not sure why this would be. The logging daemon seems like an odd thing to be running for 2 minutes continuously at a time.

1 REPLY 1
wcarlson
New Contributor

I couldn't tell you exactly when it started, but we're definitely seeing high CPU utilization on a few of our servers. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which servers are effected, but they're definitely suffering. I hate to just throw more CPU resources at them, but it may come to that.

Like you, if I wait for quite a while after logging onto the server, the daemon eventually drops back down to suitable utilization. Would be great for a patch to fix this. It's about to cost me money.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors