Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
letib
New Contributor

FortiClient Latest version of MacOS

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the VPN-only free version of FortiClient for MacOS. Even after successful installation and configuration I'm not able to connect. Can you help me figure out the issue please? Do you know if the downloadable file available in the website is compatible with the latest Monterey 12.6.1 MacOS version recently released?

I've had a look at this article which seems helpful, but even then I cannot find all the extensions mentioned there.

Thanks all for your help with this.

leti

1 Solution
letib
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions! In the end the issue was to do with a VPN licence that was pending approval, I wasn't aware of it. So the version I downloaded from the website is up-to-date and compatible with the latest MacOS version.

Thanks,

leti

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
distillednetwork
Contributor III

You will not find all the extensions listed in that article, just the ones in the VPN-only sections.  

You can look at the logs by clicking on the gear in the top right corner and select export logs.  If there is nothing in there, unlock the settings (lock in top right corner) and change Log level debug and try connecting to the vpn again.  These logs should give you can indication of where the failure is.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Try connecting using IP instead of FQDN sometimes that can help in certain circumstances.

Otherwise we need more info like any error messages you are getting, log messages, etc.

Cheers,
Graham
letib
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions! In the end the issue was to do with a VPN licence that was pending approval, I wasn't aware of it. So the version I downloaded from the website is up-to-date and compatible with the latest MacOS version.

Thanks,

leti

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors