Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jlb_
New Contributor II

FortiClient Ems Connection while on the Office

Hi,

Can I still connect to VPN even if I am connected to office WIFi/LAN? Is there a settings on FortiClient EMS for that?

3 Solutions
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @jlb_ - Any particular reason why you would still use the VPN on the LAN when you're already inside the internal network? My understanding is that we use the VPN to access internal resources on the LAN. But if you're already inside, why do you need to use the VPN?

Best,
Ricky

View solution in original post

hbac

Hi @jlb_,

So you are in the branch office and connected to VPN at a different location. You should still be able to access local resources of the branch office as it is directly connected. 

Regards, 

rtanagras

Hi @jlb_ - @hbac is right, as long as you have a policy in place and a route from other locations to branch office, you can still access it.

Best,
Ricky

4 REPLIES 4
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @jlb_ - Any particular reason why you would still use the VPN on the LAN when you're already inside the internal network? My understanding is that we use the VPN to access internal resources on the LAN. But if you're already inside, why do you need to use the VPN?

Best,
Ricky
jlb_
New Contributor II

Hi Ricky,

Sorry. What I mean is, if I am in the branch office and I am using VPN, can I still access the local resources of the branch office? Is there a settings on FortiClient EMS?

hbac

Hi @jlb_,

So you are in the branch office and connected to VPN at a different location. You should still be able to access local resources of the branch office as it is directly connected. 

Regards, 

rtanagras

Hi @jlb_ - @hbac is right, as long as you have a policy in place and a route from other locations to branch office, you can still access it.

Best,
Ricky
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors