Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiClient EMS installation error

Hello

While installing FortiClient EMS 7.0.13 on Windows Server 2019 I got this error.

EMS_SQL_Error.png

However when I clicked OK the installation seemed to have finished successfully and EMS GUI started.

I did the same before on Windows Server 2016 and there were no such error.

Can the error be safely ignored? Do I have to do something and redo the installation?

AEK
AEK
2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @AEK ,

I have not encountered this error before, but as a result of my research, I found that it was caused by the missing WMI provider configuration file for managing SQL Server services.

You'll probably get the same error if you reinstall.

But there was a way to fix this. If you run this command, I think there will be no need to reinstall it.

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Shared"
mofcomp "sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"
Get-Service winmgmt | Restart-Service -Force

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/sql/tools/error-message-when-you-open-configuration-m...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
AEK

Hello Ozkan

Thanks a lot for your valuable help.

I'll carefully read the troubleshooting document and let you know the result.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors