Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Eknow-ing
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS - Web Filtering

I have installed a FortiClient EMS - CLOUD v7.0.6 

apply a web filter to block adult pages, but the policy does not work, users can access without problems.

the web filter does not work.

I raised a ticket to fortinet, but the engineer in charge cannot solve it.

3 REPLIES 3
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I would check first the client logs to see that it did receive the information of having the webfilter in place.

Also make sure the webfilter itself classifies the sites as this category (so it would block the selected category).

https://www.fortiguard.com/webfilter

This look up will help to make sure the site in question is categorized correctly.

I do not know how the FCT does this, but I am guessing it needs to connect to FortiGuard or maybe EMS cloud to crosscheck the webfilter as it also needs to check the site against a category to block.

The client will only have the webfilter as DB and instruction list, but every single site needs to be checked against FortiGuard or EMS Cloud as there is no DB of websites on the client.

Best regards,

Markus

Emma
New Contributor

Web filtering is a technology stops users from viewing certain URLs or websites by preventing their browsers from loading pages from these sites. Web filters are made in different ways and deliver various solutions for individual, family, institutional or enterprise use.

Heri
New Contributor II

Hi

Please share us the screenshot where you apply the webfilter adult category as blocked, the policy and also on forticlient endpoint please validate that are receive the correct profile

regards.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors