Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
seaoptimusprimeolive
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS Domain not updating object OU path

When syncing to an AD Domain it does not update the "Full Group Path" for an endpoint if it has been moved in the Domain.  It only seems to show the first OU that it was detected in and no matter where the object gets moved to in AD it always shows the same path.

Is there any way to fix this? Or move the group manually?

11 REPLIES 11
Stephen_G

Hi seaoptimusprimeolive,

I've noticed your post doesn't have an answer yet. I'll get in touch with some engineers and see if we can get one.

Thank you for using Fortinet Community. :)

Kind regards,

Stephen

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
aliyavuzer
Staff
Staff

Hi seaoptimusprimeolive,

EMS can update full group path of the endpoint. I recommend please be sure "Distinguished Name" covers your OU. Also please provide your EMS Version and build number with us.

seaoptimusprimeolive

Hi aliyavuzer,

I am syncing the domain at the root OU so I am capturing the entire domain.

My version is 7.0.7 build 0398

Thanks,

Ben

aliyavuzer

Hello Ben,

Thank you for sharing. EMS Version looks fine. You may check system resources and ems service restart to check ldap sync again. If these steps doesn't help, you may consider raising a ticket to us for deep research.
Kind regards,

Ali

Mario_M

Same problem, raised a case, still non answer.

Mario_M

I add it has been working until a month ago.

Best Regards

Mario

Mario_M
New Contributor

Hi,

were you able to solve? I have the exact same problem.

Best Regards,

Mario

Stephen_G

Hi Mario,

The original poster has not been active since December, so you are unlikely to receive a reply. However, you're welcome to create a new topic in the support forum with the issue you're facing and link to this one to say you've tried all the advice here.

Our engineers will help you soon. If you don't get a response within two days, one of the Community team members will try to get you someone who can help.

Kind regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Mario_M

Thanks, I fixed it myself.
Just to help if this happens to others, I followed these steps.
I set debug level for logs.
I forced a sync and saw the error: "Could not verify server certificate using local or user-supplied certificates. Certificate details: ".
I updated the ldap coniguration by uploading the updated CA certificate and everything started working again.

Best Regards,

Mario

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors