Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

FortiClient EMS – Clients reboot without warning during FortiClient upgrade

I updated our FortiClient EMS from 7.07 to 7.2 yesterday.  I then began to deploy the 7.2 client to a subset of our devices to test the upgraded client before rolling it out to everyone.  We are new to EMS and FortiClient so this was our first go around with updating existing clients.

The test clients all upgraded successfully, however, the client machines all rebooted without ANY warning or indication that an upgrade or installation was taking place, even if there was a user logged in.  I do not want to roll it out this way as employees may be in the middle of working on a document or attending a meeting when their machine randomly reboots.

Here are my deployment settings in EMS, what am I doing wrong?

FortiNet_Newb_0-1676466450791.png

Ideally, if they are logged in, I would like the client to be notified that an upgrade is available and to let them install/reboot it when they are ready.  If they are not logged in, then go ahead and install/reboot automatically.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
elindem
New Contributor

Same old story, FortiClient is THE worst software to upgrade..

CSH
New Contributor

Did this ever get resolved?

vabello1
New Contributor

Yes. It upgraded properly in 7.2.3 on Windows 11 for me when I last tested it. The upgrade process is much better than it used to be in earlier versions. I'm going to be testing 7.2.4 which just came out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors