Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
blair_nowakowsky
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS 6.4.1 does not sync to AD

I have been testing the FortiClient EMS server and got it working in a test system for now using 6.2.7.   I have tried upgrading to 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 and it breaks my AD sync.   It fails to complete any sync.   When I try to re-create the Domain sync it is successful when I do a test but when I then go to sync it stays at 0% and never completes.    I was hoping that the 6.4.1 version had fixed this as there is a Resolved Bug in the release notes for Domain sync failing to complete.   

I had a Fortigate support ticket open before and they were very unhelpful.   They basically told me no one else has experienced this and it should work.  They did mention that since I could get it working with an earlier issue that there was not problems.  Oh boy! how helpful. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This product is basically useless if I cannot get this working.  

Blair Nowakowsky

Coanda Research

3 REPLIES 3
Seppel
Contributor II

Hello

We also had some problems with the previous versions. But with 6.4.1 everything works fine. Here are our settings.

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
FortinKnight

Are you seeing the following warning in the logs under the administration menu, 

Cannot enumerate DC=*********,DC=**** (LDAP ID 5) due to previous error: Failed to roll back transaction while handling exception.

This is what we have been getting recently, also since the upgrade to v6.4.1, we do have 2 domains attached and it only seems to effect this particular one domain. 

the only way i fix it is to remove the domain from the console and re create it, it than syncs fine than. 

unfortunately it does than remove all those endpoints, and over a few hours re registers them back. 

blair_nowakowsky

Hi FortinKnight.

I am (kind of) glad that someone else has this problem.   It is good you were able to fix it.   My errors are slightly different.   I have tried deleting the domain and recreating it but it will not sync and because of that the clients loose all of their configuration.   It is a test system so not a big deal with that but I cannot use the software like this.   I have a ticket in with Fortinet support and if they ever come back with a solution I will post it.  There seem to be a few AD sync issues related to the 6.4.x versions.  6.2.7 works fine for me.

This is a VM with a snapshot so I can always roll back the upgrade.   I really want to be at 6.4.1+ but.....

I am getting the error:

[ ERROR ] Failed to enumerate ou=xxxxxxx,DC=xxxxxx,DC=xxxxxx: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and

[ WARNING ] Cannot enumerate ou=xxxxxxx,DC=xxxxxx,DC=xxxxxx (LDAP ID 1) due to previous error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

TNX

Blair.

FortinKnight wrote:

Are you seeing the following warning in the logs under the administration menu, 

Cannot enumerate DC=*********,DC=**** (LDAP ID 5) due to previous error: Failed to roll back transaction while handling exception.

This is what we have been getting recently, also since the upgrade to v6.4.1, we do have 2 domains attached and it only seems to effect this particular one domain. 

the only way i fix it is to remove the domain from the console and re create it, it than syncs fine than. 

unfortunately it does than remove all those endpoints, and over a few hours re registers them back. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors