Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
djau
New Contributor

FortiClient Downloads Very Slowly

Hello,

Is there any known reason for the FortiClient taking upwards of 30 minutes to download or sometimes failing?

Today, one download started, restarted after 40% then failed.

This is the VPN only client downloading. 

djau_0-1659426376627.png

djau_1-1659426653352.png

- Dan

1 Solution
zhiqiang
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

Can you download forticlient for Fortinet Service & Support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sagha
Staff
Staff

Hi Dan, 

It could be something related to the windows system or your internet. 
try downloading it by using a different internet connection or a different system and see if you still run into issues. 

Thanks, 

Shahan

djau
New Contributor

Hi Shahan,

We have experienced this for years in Perth, WA but I've finally taken the time to ask on this forum.

We use internet connections at various customer sites including fibre optic connections or iPhone hotspots on 4/5G, and Macs and Win10/11 devices. The is no one system or ISP connection at play here. 

I can see im not alone.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fortinet/comments/fk830p/really_slow_forticlient_download_from/

The installer .exe (3,142KB) downloads in seconds but once executed it takes a long time for installer (157,088KB) to land in %appdata%\local\temp\

OwenW
New Contributor II

I haven't seen this. Large install base, worldwide, remote, all different ISPs.

zhiqiang
New Contributor II

Hi Dan

Can you download forticlient for Fortinet Service & Support.

djau
New Contributor

Thank you for pointing that out! Didn't occur to me. 

https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx

djau_0-1659921887610.png

BigMike
New Contributor II

Hi, I login the support area and it says this:

Snipaste_2023-10-20_15-10-36.jpg

betovim3
New Contributor

I have the same problem, I attemp download this installer 4 hours unsuccessfully.

rlrspf
New Contributor II

We are seeing the same. Taking 25 minutes to download a 150Mb file - this should be done in a couple of seconds. Download speeds on all other websites are fine.

raypar
New Contributor

Agreed 100% with those who are having issues downloading the Forticlient.  The download launched by the installer can take over 40 minutes to complete, assuming it doesn't terminate with an error message.  Can't possibly expect our clients to go through this much time wasted downloading a client.  You have a problem, Fortinet. Fix it!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors