Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nunciate
New Contributor

FortiClient Connecting but no DNS Resolution

I have a Windows 10 laptop and home workstation with FortiClient v5.4.0.0780.

On the workstation I was able to connect but could not resolve my companies DNS entries.

I pulled properties on the Fortissl connection in my network settings.

I chose the Networking Tab and opened properties of the TCP/IP 4 Protocol.

There I was able to add my domain suffix and DNS servers and this fixed the issue.

On my laptop I have the same situation only when I click properties of TCP/IP 4 I get no window.

Nothing happens.  I have rebooted many times.  I have removed and reinstalled the client many times.

I can find no place in the registry where these settings are stored so I can't replicate what I have on my PC.

Any thoughts?  Is this a bug with the Windows 10 Client?

2 REPLIES 2
jonny
New Contributor

im having same issue have you found a fix for this yet

jonny
New Contributor

nunciate wrote:

I have a Windows 10 laptop and home workstation with FortiClient v5.4.0.0780.

On the workstation I was able to connect but could not resolve my companies DNS entries.

I pulled properties on the Fortissl connection in my network settings.

I chose the Networking Tab and opened properties of the TCP/IP 4 Protocol.

There I was able to add my domain suffix and DNS servers and this fixed the issue.

On my laptop I have the same situation only when I click properties of TCP/IP 4 I get no window.

Nothing happens.  I have rebooted many times.  I have removed and reinstalled the client many times.

I can find no place in the registry where these settings are stored so I can't replicate what I have on my PC.

Any thoughts?  Is this a bug with the Windows 10 Client?

im having same issue have you got a fix for this yet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors