Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kostasgush1
New Contributor

FortiClient Cloud and FortiClient License

Hello,

I am considering deploying a FortiClient Managed Mode License (FC1-10-EMS05-485-01-DD) with FortiClient Cloud.

I was wondering, do I have to get an additional license for FortiClient Cloud subscription, or is the above license enough to create the FortiClient Cloud instance? If that is that case, where can I see the FortiClient Cloud licenses? Searching through every related datasheet of Fortinet, I could only find licenses for Hardware/VM FortiClient EMS, but nothing for FortiClient Cloud.

Additionally, I already have a deployed Fortigate 60E. How will the deployment of the FortiClient and FortiClient cloud be structured in this case? Will the FortiClient connect to the FortiGate with telemetry, or directly to FortiClient Cloud?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @kostasgush1 ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Forticlient_Guru
New Contributor

Hello kostasgush1

1. I believe you can register the EMS license in support portal and initiate the EMS cloud instance

2. Forticlient will connect to EMSCloud instance for Telemetry (FCT should use port 8013 for registration and telemetry)
(btw you can also connect your EMSCloud instance and your Fortigate via Security Fabric link and you will be able to use also ZTNA feature across your infrastructure. )

does it give a more sense ? 

Forticlient_Guru
New Contributor

Hello kostasgush1

1. I believe you can register the EMS license in support portal and initiate the EMS cloud instance

2. Forticlient will connect to EMSCloud instance for Telemetry (FCT should use port 8013 for registration and telemetry)
(btw you can also connect your EMSCloud instance and your Fortigate via Security Fabric link and you will be able to use also ZTNA feature across your infrastructure. )

kostasgush1
New Contributor

So I can just purchase, for example, the 25-packet FortiClient Managed Mode, register it in my FortiCloud Account, and then I will be able to just initiate a FortiClient Cloud instance? Because right now without a license when I try to initiate a FortiClient Cloud instance I get the following message "You do not have FortiClient cloud subscription"

Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors