Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
wambo
New Contributor

FortiClient - Change Logging options?

Hello,

I'm trying to change the logging options in my FortiClient-VPN (Version 7.0.7.0345), but I can only export the logs. Changing Log-Level and deleting Logs is greyed out:

wambo_0-1676016068576.png

Funny thing is, yesterday I could change it on one client to "Fehlersuche". Now I can't change it on any client any more.

For comparison, other client have information as standard logging-level:#

wambo_1-1676016115193.png

The user has admin rights on his pc and is using Windows11.

I already tried to start the client with administrator-privliges, which didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

1 Solution
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, in the EMS server you have to disable this option, in the client profile, in the Settings section: 

FortiMax_it_0-1676060221448.png

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/ems-administration-guide/107284/system-settings

Also check that the Forticlient, before exporting, has the configuration unlocked:

FortiMax_it_1-1676060365193.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Are you using EMS server to manage Forticlient ? might be some policies from EMS side gets enforced.

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, in the EMS server you have to disable this option, in the client profile, in the Settings section: 

FortiMax_it_0-1676060221448.png

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/ems-administration-guide/107284/system-settings

Also check that the Forticlient, before exporting, has the configuration unlocked:

FortiMax_it_1-1676060365193.png

wambo

Hello,

I didn't notice you could unlock the settings. That was the problem.

Thanks for you help!

Best regards,

Wambo

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors