Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AKrause
Contributor

FortiClient AV-update fails

Since some time the AV-update of our FortiClients fails. We use the default server. The FortiClient obviously connects to 209.222.136.16 when the update is started. A TCP connection can be established, but no data is transmitted. After some time the FortiClient reports " Network Error!" as update status. regards, Andreas
12 REPLIES 12
AKrause

Hi vanc,
ORIGINAL: vanc FortiManager will retrieve updates and push to clients.
How do I setup the AV-Update Push-Server on FortiManager? The FM Admin Guide is pretty inaccurate here. To enable push updates [..] 4. Enter the IP address and port number of the server. 6. Select Update Now to immediately connect and receive updates from the FDN. Which server is meant by server in step 4? the FDN Server (how do I know the IP?) or my FortiManager (do I have to configure a secondary ip here?) Which configurations have to be set at the FortiClients, so they can receive the push updates? regards, Andreas
Not applicable

Vanc thanks for info. It did actually fix the auto up issue. Client had wrong settings for use with a proxy server (which is not on). Thanks again. Luke
AKrause
Contributor

dear vanc, I did some further investigations and now the push-update feature seems to work. One major pitfall is that there are obviously no log-entries on FortiManager or FortiClient which reports about successfull or failed push-updates! So it' s hard to tell if something works. Finally a packet capture showed, that the update was indeed received from FortiManager and not from default FDN-Server. regards, Andreas
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors