Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AKrause
Contributor

FortiClient AV-update fails

Since some time the AV-update of our FortiClients fails. We use the default server. The FortiClient obviously connects to 209.222.136.16 when the update is started. A TCP connection can be established, but no data is transmitted. After some time the FortiClient reports " Network Error!" as update status. regards, Andreas
12 REPLIES 12
AKrause
Contributor

Default Update Server works again. Does anyone have a list of alternative FDS Server? regards, Andreas
Not applicable

I have a forticlient home version behind another firewall for someone. It has issues updating also. For what ever reason, packets from inside-out are dropped now as for out-in. Anyone seen anything similar? Or is there a single IP update server that can be used. Update problem has only started in the last week, so I am not sure yet as to why. Luke
Not applicable

Still our forticlients does not update... I still have " network error" , since last week! I usually use the default server, we all have versions from 3.0.208 to the last 3.0.395. What' s the matter? Thanks, regards.
Not applicable

Now I updated my installation to 3.0.395: the default server answers " No update available" ... but I have AV definition 6.467!! And in Download Virus/Attack update area, inside support.fortinet.com, I can see that 7.359 is available...
doshbass
New Contributor III

Could this be a licensing issue?
Still learning to type " the"
Still learning to type " the"
vanc
New Contributor II

Please delete " c:\Program Files\Fortinet\FortiClient\vir_sig\fdni.conf" and update again. You should be able to get updates if it caused some malfunctioning servers.
AKrause
Contributor

thanks for the information, vanc. We have about 100 FortiClients installations running on our customers' systems. Is there a way to fix this problem remotely via FortiClientManager? regards, Andreas
Not applicable

Vanc I tried suggested file deletion on a system w/ home version installed and did not work. I guess I will have to go there and see for myself.
vanc
New Contributor II

Please use your FortiManager as the update server. It' s good you have a local server for updates. FortiManager will retrieve updates and push to clients.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors