Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FortiClient 6.2.3 not awailable in EMS

Hello,

We were waiting for FortiClient 6.2.3 to be appear in EMS 6.2.2. but nothing happened for a few days. So we decided to upgrade the EMS to 6.2.3 but still the FortiClient version 6.2.3 is not downloaded by the EMS. The logs show No update available.

Anyone has the same issue?

Is it normal?

AtiT

AtiT
5 REPLIES 5
jshields
New Contributor

Noticed the same behavior... No answer, but curious to what the issue is as well.  Saw a post (that I cant find now) that said something along the lines of 6.2.3 not being available till early January... 

AtiT
Valued Contributor

Yes, I can see it in the release notes now:

FortiClient EMS 6.2.3 images will be available for download from FortiGuard starting the week of January 6, 2020. Currently, the images are available for download directly from the Fortinet Support site.

The problem is, that the full installer what we need to import to EMS is not awailable on the support site anymore :(

AtiT

AtiT
JeroenK
New Contributor

Since this morning the full clients are available in EMS. Seems to be running smooth on Windows and MacOS.
mlarma
New Contributor

I have it deployed to about 2/3 of my Windows systems and so far 1 or 2 (of 10) macOS systems.  I am going to be researching how to deploy/upgrade on the macOS systems without user interaction, but my first go at it was disappointing :( 

JeroenK
New Contributor

mlarma wrote:

I have it deployed to about 2/3 of my Windows systems and so far 1 or 2 (of 10) macOS systems.  I am going to be researching how to deploy/upgrade on the macOS systems without user interaction, but my first go at it was disappointing :( 

Any luck? Because the install script is useable as an upgrade script. 

This is what we use to install and works the same for an upgrade: 

#!/bin/bash

cd /tmp/
curl -O https://supercool.fqdn/FortiClient_latest.dmg
hdiutil attach FortiClient_latest.dmg
cd /Volumes/FortiClient/
sudo installer -pkg Install.mpkg -target "/"
cd /tmp/
rm FortiClient_latest.dmg
hdiutil detach /Volumes/FortiClient/

The outcome if we upgrade a 6.0.2 to 6.2.3 agent is: 

% ./install_forticlient.sh 

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 84.0M  100 84.0M    0     0   9.8M      0  0:00:08  0:00:08 --:--:--  9.9M

/dev/disk5                                         /Volumes/FortiClient

installer: Package name is FortiClient

installer: Upgrading at base path /

installer: The upgrade was successful.

"disk5" ejected.

However, sometimes the client needs to enter the password for the installer to continue. Still looking in that. 

If you have any hints on surpressing the "privacy" extensions popups, please let me know. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors