Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ank1965
New Contributor

FortiClient 6.0.4 - how I can change client Serial Nuber or UID2?

After deployment Win10 x64 (with preinstalled FortiClient 6) I have in FortiClient Enterprise Management Server console all my computers with one serial number and UID2.

How I can change this (SN or UID2) to split my computers in FC EMS?

1 Solution
SteveG
Contributor III

Oh and here's the earlier fix

FcmDaemon.exe.conf [ClientGUIDs] ; 1 forces clients to have unique UIDs when they first attempt to register with the EMS server ; 0 disables this functionality. NewGUIDOnReg = 1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SteveG
Contributor III

I feel your pain! We had the same problem. Originally there was a config file you could change which and if you 'marked the client as uninstalled' when FC sent its next telemitry message the FC UID would be updated. I'm not sure when this new feature was made available in EMS (we run 6.0.3).

Goto "System Settings", "Endpoints" then tick the "Allow duplicate FortiClient registrations". That should give you what you need..... 

SteveG
Contributor III

Oh and here's the earlier fix

FcmDaemon.exe.conf [ClientGUIDs] ; 1 forces clients to have unique UIDs when they first attempt to register with the EMS server ; 0 disables this functionality. NewGUIDOnReg = 1

ank1965
New Contributor

Big thanks!

robbyn_hood

what about the same request for FortiClient installed on MAC OS X?

Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors