Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rick_H
New Contributor III

FortiClient 5.x Customization

I have a ticket open with Forti customer service, but it' s been a full day with no response so I thought I' d ask you guys. I' m trying to setup a VPN-only 5.x FortiClient, which is possible according to the documentation. I don' t need or want the other services as the FortiClients will largely be installed on non-company machines and the company machines the FC will be installed on already have robust AV/AM software. I don' t even want my users to see the options there as it will just generate questions about the features being disabled. According to the documentation I need to use the FC Tools to make a custom MSI that excludes the non-VPN features, but it won' t let me do so without a customization license. I am a FortiCare customer, but I' m not sure how to go about getting such a license. Any clues? Is there some way to do this without this customization license?
4 REPLIES 4
Anne
New Contributor III

Hi Rick, Did you find out anything? I ran into the same problem Thanks Anne
Dipen
New Contributor III

Is this issue with Ver 5 Client only or Ver 4.3 also having same issue ?

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
isptools
New Contributor II

You need the FortiClient License for the FG. Then you can download the Licensefile for the Customization-Client from the Support-portal. But: We had in the moment the issue with two 200B, one is running, on the other the portal send us allways a wrong license file and the ticket is now running a few days and no result. Michael
Michael Killermann ISP-TOOLS GmbH Kohlenhofstrasse 60 -D 90443 Nuernberg - Germany Fortinet Certified Network & Security Professional #FCP1001
Michael Killermann ISP-TOOLS GmbH Kohlenhofstrasse 60 -D 90443 Nuernberg - Germany Fortinet Certified Network & Security Professional #FCP1001
Dipen
New Contributor III

What about FortiClient Connect Tool. Is it no longer available ? Where can I get it now

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors