Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
azamp
New Contributor

FortiClient 5.4 doesn't work with new Win10 Preview 14251

Hi after installing new Windows 10 Preview 14251 latest FortiClient 5.4. doesn't work anymore. I deinstalled and reinstalled the same Problem.

"Your system has been quarantined." error message after starting. It seems that the Network Driver is incompatible.  

Anyone with the same experience ?

4 Solutions
egauk
New Contributor II

I opened a ticket last week as well and interim build 5.4.0.799 was provided.  However, under Windows 10 insider preview it still causes a BSOD immediately after connecting to the VPN.

It should be fixed in 5.4.1 - here is the response from Fortinet support.

"Actually FortiClient 5.4.1 is expected Mar 08, 2016 - Mar 25, 2016. The above date is for guidance purposes and subject to change without notice."

View solution in original post

egauk
New Contributor II

It is possible that I have missed something, but in my search for an alternative there just isn't one.  Fortinet uses a proprietary implementation of SSL-VPN so clients like SoftEther won't work.  I'm with you though, this nonsense with the Forticlient not working every few months is getting old and it's not just with Windows 10 preview.  Mac also has its issues with the Forticlient.

seadave
Contributor III

What version are you running on the FG?  I'm using 5.4 and the SSLVPN - HTML5 RDP client is awesome (no need for FC install).  If you don't have two FGs to test with, I wouldn't suggest upgrading though.  I'm not having problems, but I have two FG500Ds and was able to do a lot of testing to ensure it would like my config.  I think 5.4 also runs better on devices like the 500D that have more RAM and CPUs.

Perhaps you could use IPsec or the native L2TP client in Windows.  I believe that is supported. 

5.2 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-520

5.4 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-5.4

sinmae
New Contributor III

no, even with two interim builds (requested from support) , still almost the same scenario. now it did not restarted, but seems that ISDN virtual adapter will not fetch assigned address. in fortiVPN client you can see selected/assigned IP address, but in ISDN adapter, there is just APIPA. any attempt to change that will result in not connecting at all.

if you try that same config and same version of forticlient in other machine (like in VM 2008 server) everything is ok, so seems to be no problem with fortigate config.

dx

dx
31 REPLIES 31
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Kind of, my forticlient console does not show anymore, I get "webpage cannot be viewed" or something simular, so I cannot configure anything.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Mattbaldwin

Also having this issue with not being able to display any forticlient part: Navigation to the webpage was canceled

Running 5.2.5

jrvocke
New Contributor

Build 14257 gives problem to. Starting Forticlient 5.4.780 ends with a BAD POOL CALLER reboot

educos
New Contributor

Hi,

I confirm that I have the same problem.

Connection goes to 98% then Blue Screen with BAP POOL CALLER error code.

Please give some explanation or some instructions to get it worked.

Eric.

sinmae
New Contributor III

Hello,

edit2: and I do have only forticlient VPN part of it, doesnt actually matter, if it is combined (with all other security features), or separate. default windows 10 insider preview installation, just with that crappy defender as AV. no other security solutions. what can I do to help to resolve these issues?

edit: uninstalled all other VPN/virtualization SW, but no difference. maybe in crashdumps will be more info? Im willing to lab/test this issue

its the same here.

i have latest und greatest FortiClient 5.4.0.0780 and Windows 10 Preview 14257.

not only I had problems with showing menu in client itself, now also restarting to BSOD with bad pool caller.

Tryied everything, uninstalling all stuff that can interact, to no vail.

Client have huge CPU requirements, but primarily I use it as VPN client on all my devices, even mobile.

Now I cannot connect via client anymore on windows 10 on PC.

IPsec VPN (L2TP/IPsec) built in windows works without problem actually.

dx

dx

dx
kolawale_FTNT

Windows OS build 14251 caused FortiClient 5.4 GUI to become blank. This is no longer observed with build 14257.

However, with the latest Windows OS insider build 14257, a BSoD occurs when using FortiClient to establish an SSL VPN connection. This does not happen with previous Windows 10 builds. Development team is working to resolve this in FortiClient 5.4.1.

sinmae
New Contributor III

its the same with newly released Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14267] (installed today).

I tryied logon even with/without User certificate, its still the same (SSL VPN)

hopefully update will be released soon :)

question is, is it problem with forticlient or is it M$ problem (M$ caused it) and you have to tune your client to comply?

dx

dx
seadave
Contributor III

Fortinet, is it possible to create some sort of page in an obvious location of what combination of FortiClient and OS (MacOS/Windows) are stable and which features are supported?  That would save people a lot of pain and suffering.

Also I would suggest to the above that if you are running into a problem in a lab environment, than that is fine, but if you are in business critical production situations and you are in the fast ring or running ANY type of beta/preview build, you should expect to have problems.

All of these auto-updates on the OS and FortiClient side are destroying stability.  How is anything going to be usable when updates are so frequent and vendor response to coding problems is so slow???  You are going to continue to alienate a lot of customers if you don't find some way to get ahead of these type of issues.

kolawale_FTNT

The BSoD issue has been resolved in the latest FortiClient interim builds. You may contact Fortinet Support to receive a build for testing.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors