Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
azamp
New Contributor

FortiClient 5.4 doesn't work with new Win10 Preview 14251

Hi after installing new Windows 10 Preview 14251 latest FortiClient 5.4. doesn't work anymore. I deinstalled and reinstalled the same Problem.

"Your system has been quarantined." error message after starting. It seems that the Network Driver is incompatible.  

Anyone with the same experience ?

4 Solutions
egauk
New Contributor II

I opened a ticket last week as well and interim build 5.4.0.799 was provided.  However, under Windows 10 insider preview it still causes a BSOD immediately after connecting to the VPN.

It should be fixed in 5.4.1 - here is the response from Fortinet support.

"Actually FortiClient 5.4.1 is expected Mar 08, 2016 - Mar 25, 2016. The above date is for guidance purposes and subject to change without notice."

View solution in original post

egauk
New Contributor II

It is possible that I have missed something, but in my search for an alternative there just isn't one.  Fortinet uses a proprietary implementation of SSL-VPN so clients like SoftEther won't work.  I'm with you though, this nonsense with the Forticlient not working every few months is getting old and it's not just with Windows 10 preview.  Mac also has its issues with the Forticlient.

seadave
Contributor III

What version are you running on the FG?  I'm using 5.4 and the SSLVPN - HTML5 RDP client is awesome (no need for FC install).  If you don't have two FGs to test with, I wouldn't suggest upgrading though.  I'm not having problems, but I have two FG500Ds and was able to do a lot of testing to ensure it would like my config.  I think 5.4 also runs better on devices like the 500D that have more RAM and CPUs.

Perhaps you could use IPsec or the native L2TP client in Windows.  I believe that is supported. 

5.2 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-520

5.4 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-5.4

sinmae
New Contributor III

no, even with two interim builds (requested from support) , still almost the same scenario. now it did not restarted, but seems that ISDN virtual adapter will not fetch assigned address. in fortiVPN client you can see selected/assigned IP address, but in ISDN adapter, there is just APIPA. any attempt to change that will result in not connecting at all.

if you try that same config and same version of forticlient in other machine (like in VM 2008 server) everything is ok, so seems to be no problem with fortigate config.

dx

dx
31 REPLIES 31
sinmae
New Contributor III

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

The BSoD issue has been resolved in the latest FortiClient interim builds. You may contact Fortinet Support to receive a build for testing.

thx for info and effort. I understand, that this is not supported configuration (insider preview).

did requested download via support (P4 ticket), i will let u know, if it helped, or not.

dx

dx
educos
New Contributor

"You may contact Fortinet Support to receive a build for testing."

Where can I get this request ?

Eric

sinmae
New Contributor III

educos wrote:

"You may contact Fortinet Support to receive a build for testing."

Where can I get this request ?

Eric

Hi, if you do have support contract for your devices, you are probably already registerred on https://support.fortinet.com/home.aspx anyway.

there is option to create support ticket.

I did it already and still waiting for their response (it is P4 so no rush there :)

When I get my hand on it, I will update these threads with informations, if it did helped, or not.

I believe, that this will be just some test build, not targeted for public release yet, but still, it may help to resolve this issue.

dx

dx

dx
sinmae
New Contributor III

So I double checked my ticket, and support just give me middle finger - they dont support preview builds, which is to be expected of course.

But I did specifically requested that dev build of client again, will wait for feedback.

dx

dx
egauk
New Contributor II

I opened a ticket last week as well and interim build 5.4.0.799 was provided.  However, under Windows 10 insider preview it still causes a BSOD immediately after connecting to the VPN.

It should be fixed in 5.4.1 - here is the response from Fortinet support.

"Actually FortiClient 5.4.1 is expected Mar 08, 2016 - Mar 25, 2016. The above date is for guidance purposes and subject to change without notice."

SuperJMN
New Contributor

Could somebody, please, give us an alternative to FortiClient while the fixed version is out? I cannot connect to my company's LAN network from home and I'm going crazy :( I don't want to reinstall the whole OS to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

egauk
New Contributor II

It is possible that I have missed something, but in my search for an alternative there just isn't one.  Fortinet uses a proprietary implementation of SSL-VPN so clients like SoftEther won't work.  I'm with you though, this nonsense with the Forticlient not working every few months is getting old and it's not just with Windows 10 preview.  Mac also has its issues with the Forticlient.

seadave
Contributor III

What version are you running on the FG?  I'm using 5.4 and the SSLVPN - HTML5 RDP client is awesome (no need for FC install).  If you don't have two FGs to test with, I wouldn't suggest upgrading though.  I'm not having problems, but I have two FG500Ds and was able to do a lot of testing to ensure it would like my config.  I think 5.4 also runs better on devices like the 500D that have more RAM and CPUs.

Perhaps you could use IPsec or the native L2TP client in Windows.  I believe that is supported. 

5.2 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-520

5.4 - http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-ipsec-vpn-5.4

SuperJMN
New Contributor

egauk wrote:

It seems that everything is tied to their VPN client, then. No alternatives, proprietary implementation of SSL-VPN? Nice way to lose customers with these kind of problems. I'll tell my company to switch to another VPN.

MarianoPaniga

SSL-VPN connection not working for me too.

The clients gives connection OK, the bytes count works, but I cannot reach any VPN machine.

Here the versions details:

- Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1511,  Build 10586.164) - ver command: Microsoft Windows [Versione 10.0.10586] - FortiClient 5.4.0.780 (latest version) - Connection type: SSL-VPN

I found no useful info from logs. Only this message appearing many times when the client says it is connected:

23/03/2016 12:13:51    Debug    VPN    FortiSslvpn: 1700: poll_recv_ssl -> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ

Waiting for the new 5.4.1 version I'll try an old client version my colleagues said it works also on Windows 10... :(

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors