Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cpetry
New Contributor III

FortiClient 5.4.0 build 0780 - Just stops passing SSL VPN traffic until I reboot on Win10

Is anyone else having this issue?  I can connect and use FortiClient 5.4.0 build 0780 on Windows 10 (latest build of Win 10).  However, after some amount of time, the SSL VPN connection just stops passing traffic and the only way to fix it is to reboot my laptop.  Simply disconnecting/reconnecting the client doesn't work.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the FortiClient software as well as rebuilding my TCP/IP stack.  I doubt it has anything at all to do with my system or the TCP/IP stack.  If I don't use this garbage software I have no network issues at all.

Even when I start having this issue the only thing that has an issue until I reboot is the FortiClient SSL VPN connection itself.  If I just disconnect I can surf the internet all I want.  I just can't use the VPN until I reboot.

6 REPLIES 6
Hediin_Rico
New Contributor

Having the same issues with windows 8.1x64 , and windows 10x64.

posia1983

I have the same problème for IPSEC VPN on my Fortigate 30, I'am able to connect whith Windows 8.1; 8; 7  system but impossible with Windows 10.

Hediin_Rico

I am not sure what the holdup is on getting this sorted out, this issue has been hunting us for months now.

This is As documented on the on the release notes here. Windows 10 is fully supported so expecting Fortinet to provide support to fix this issue shouldn't be a stretch.

so far the only thing I've gotten is

****Fortinet support

-An bug was identified with windows 10 and sslvpn, the work around is to use FortiClient 5.2.3. 

weatherman
New Contributor

Same issue here and able to recreate on Win 8 and 10 but I have no such issues on Win 7.  When reconnecting to the VPN, authentication completes successfully but the tunnel will not establish.

On a Win 8 machine it causes BSOD system_service_exception in ndis.sys.  Wifi connectivity issues seem to instigate it the most.  I tried updating wifi drivers and it reduced the frequency.  Rebuild of the stack didn't help at all.

ITGuy11

Same issue here.  Connect to SSL vpn fine, then randomly entire connection locks up tighter than a bull's ass on Windows 10.

Sebastiaan_Koopmans
Contributor II

Hi,

We have the same issue.

Since installing the interim build the problem went away.

Today installed the 5.4.1 client to see if the problem is resolved.

Keep you updated

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0

FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6

FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0

FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2

FortiManager VM / 6.4.0

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0 FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6 FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0 FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2 FortiManager VM / 6.4.0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors