Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JamesSektor
New Contributor

FortiClient 5.2.1.0605 Black Screen After Install

Hello

I am deploying FortiClient on to 1 of our users and on her machine only after the install I go to open up Forticlient to configure it but it opens only up to a Black Screen.

See Pic Attachment.

Have made sure this is install under admin, Java/Flash/Shockwave up to date and not sure what it uses

Anyone have any ideas what causes this?

Have installed the same version on other identical laptops here and no issues

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Oakton
Contributor

is it just that version, did you try a different version on forticlient?

any other protection software installed?

Infosec Partners
Infosec Partners
Friedhelm_Grunert
New Contributor

Hello friends,

I have exactly the same problem with the same version. My forticlient console and my forticlient connection window stay black colored. But the communication against our VPN server could be established. When I press 'return' I receive the message 'Empty username is not allowed'. In fact, I can't login but communicate. It is a pure local problem.

Any ideas?

By Friedhelm

SveN
New Contributor

Hello,

does anyone found a solution for this?

Because one of our users ran into the same issue, but with a slightly newer FortiClient version (5.2.2 build 0624 and 5.2.3 build 0633).

Thanks

SveN

Sebastian
New Contributor

Hi,

We actually found a solution yet! We have reset and upgraded InternetExplorer to the latest Version, because Fortinet is using the same rendering engine as IE. Obviously, there was something crappy in IE and the upgrade fixed that problem permanently.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors