Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AliE
New Contributor II

FortiAuthenticator: Unable to connect in GUI with local admin user

Hi all,

I have a new FAC and I have changed the admin local user password. Now, I can connect in CLI but when I want to connect in GUI with the admin local user, I have an error. The error is:  please enter correct credentials. note that password is case-sensitive.

I have changed the password with the admin-maintainer and change the password: I can connect in CLI with the new password but in GUI it's the same error.

I have tried to restart the webserver with this command: Diagnose web restart, but it's also the same.

How can I resolve that?

1 Solution
AliE
New Contributor II

Hi Elie,

We have found the problem. We were in a HA cluster and our equipment was the secondary member of the cluster. When you disable the HA, the GUI login work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
funkylicious
Contributor III

Try a reboot of the whole appliance from CLI.

geek
geek
FortiElie
Staff
Staff

try to change the password again from cli using:

>execute restore-admin <new-password>

AliE
New Contributor II

We are in a cluster between 2 FAC and we want connect to the GUI via port4 (This is the port for HA). I want to connect in the GUI of the secondary cluster member.

How can I do it please?

FortiElie

Hi Ali,

Can you login to GUI now?

if yes go to System > Administration > High Availability, under "HA admin access" enable https GUI option.

also please provide the output of >show system interface

AliE
New Contributor II

Hi Elie,

This is the main problem. I can't connect to the GUI of the secondary member of the cluster through its HA Port (which is its management port).

AliE
New Contributor II

Hi Elie,

We have found the problem. We were in a HA cluster and our equipment was the secondary member of the cluster. When you disable the HA, the GUI login work.

j4v13r_w0rld
New Contributor

I used the tips recommended and don't achieved get web GUI access.
I tried change password maintainer and restar web process. Reviewing the version I see that was update in the reboot. My initial version was v6.4.8, now is v6.5.3 and was when occurred the failed connection.

Any additional tips for this issue?

@Javi

by Javi
by Javi
ebilcari

Is this in HA or in standalone mode? Are you getting wrong credentials error or the web page is not loaded at all? 

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors