Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AhmadYousef
New Contributor

FortiAuthenticator Force user logout after password reset

I have FortiAuthenticator as Radius, and FortiGate as DHCP server for Wireless clients.

If one user is connected with 3 devices, can I enforce user logout of all or remaining connected devices after user changes/reset his password on one of these devices?

2 REPLIES 2
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hi @AhmadYousef ,

Regarding FortiAuthenticator I have not tested this scenario in lab and not aware of any option like this , but if you want to logout the existing session of a user you can do it manually on the Fortigate from User&Devices.
You can also play with different timers on Fortigate
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Explanation-of-auth-timeout-types-for-Fire...

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Theoretically that can be achieved because FortiAutheticator supports RADIUS disconnect messages and this is the method that is used to disconnect already authenticated users but this need to be checked if it's triggered on the event of password reset. Do you have that configured on your setup (FGT and FAC)?

DM.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors