Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanr
Valued Contributor II

FortiAuthenticator 5.2.0 is out

Oddly, it states "FortiAuthenticator™ 5.2.0 build 0155 officially supports upgrade from all versions of FortiAuthenticator™ 4.x.x" but it doesn't mention anything about updating from 5.x.x...

9 REPLIES 9
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Thank You for pointing that out!

I have gave you a 5 star reward and opened a documentation bug Id #0468651. 

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

neonbit

Looks good, loving the new smart connect feature. Can't wait for the other OS's to be added here too, will make onboarding wifi clients so much easier with SSL inspection.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Tomas.  Appreciate you listing the bug Id.

bmduncan34
New Contributor III

Will a lot of you admins wait for a while to perform this upgrade since this is so new?  Will you wait for 5.2 x instead?

Thanks

Bruce

bmduncan34
New Contributor III

I have one question.  When I look at the rate of releases for FAC versions I'd like to understand why new firmware versions came out so quickly.  New releases came out on 11/2/17, 11/6/17, 11/20/17, 12/19/17 and now 1/4/18.  Is it common to see so many new versions of Fortinet firmware in such a short period of time?  I'm considering my upgrade path from 4.0.0 and I'm thinking I may go to 5.1.2 and wait for the first update to 5.2.0 before going to that version.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

I think 5.1 had a number of security fixes for the 5.0 branch, 5.1.1 fixed a bug that had been introduced in 5.1 that messed up guest portals during the upgrade, and 5.1.2 fixed a couple annoying bugs where Windows two-factor auth could fail.

I'll be waiting a bit before upgrading to 5.2.0.  Would really like to hear from anybody who's put it in a lab first.  Would prefer a 5.2.1 branch with just a few fixes in it.

RobertReynolds

I was having this issue with 5.1.2 as well, but I'm trying to upload an SSL Cert from LetsEncrypt so i have have a trusted cert for the https admin page.

Im trying to upload it to Certificate Management -> End Entities -> Local Services

But its giving the following error:

Import has failed: Unsupported cipher algorithm

Am I doing something dumb? This exact same cert has worked for the FGT, FML etc.

a_ymeri
New Contributor II

can anyone help me 

i want to implement 2 FAC-VM base in cluster in two different locations

what is the best scenario

what licences are needed?

thank you

cbabfat
New Contributor III

5.x has had all kinds of bugs.  I don't remember everything that was broken, but RDP agent was one of them.  Then one of the patches to fix one flaw broke another feature.  We use the agent for two-factor on all our RDP servers.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors