Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
The_Nude_Deer
Contributor

FortiAuth Error - Accessing guest portal without any login session

I am getting the above error when a user has a captive portal for the SSID, they see the SSID and then the browser detects captive portal, but the page is never displayed, and thats the error on the FAC

Type Id 20605

Name Guest Portal Authorisation Failed

Message -  Accessing guest portal without any login session

I have configured everything as I should , if I type in the portal address, i do get a 403 Forbidden message, yet its all enabled on the interface? Help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Have you added the /portal as part of the URL at SSID configuration and is the FAC added as exemption te be reached by the hosts that are not yet authenticated?

ssid-portal.PNG

You need to add also the Access Points subnet under Portal configuration in FAC. Helpful article.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
The_Nude_Deer

Yes, have all that configured, I see the disclaimer page, but when you click "agree" it takes you to the url with all the parameters, but with "This page isnt working - x.x.x.x didnt send any data, ERR_EMPTY_REPSONSE"

X.X.X.X being the FAC address

The_Nude_Deer

Looks like the disclaimer page is from the gate! not the FAC.. how can that be! 

ebilcari

Do the end host actually reach the FAC portal while not being authenticated yet? Can you tell if this is a reachability or a portal redirection issue?

If it's not reachable at all, than it seems that the firewall policy and the exempt destination is not properly configured in the FGT.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors