Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ITAxess
New Contributor

FortiAutenticator sorting columns

Hi!

I want to sort the column "last used" in "Authentication -> User Management -> FortiTokens" but it does not work.

I can sort "Token Type" and "Status" for example, but not "last used"

Also exporting the list does not seem to be possible.

(I tried in Chrome and Firefox)

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

1 Solution
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

SORTING

Unfortunately not all columns are sort-able.
And "Last Used" is one of those which cannot be sorted.

That's the limitation of current version of FortiAuthenticator.

EXPORT

Only list of hardware models of FortiTokens can be exported out via "Export FTK Hardware" menu button. No export for FortiToken Mobile, or Cloud models, as well as for 3rd party tokens (Yubikey).

Part of the reason is the difference between hardware and software (Mobile) FortiToken models and how they do activate in FortiAuthenticator.

Hardware models are independent and so imported as a list of tokens, or as individual units. While FortiToken Mobile units are imported as a bundle via license, and therefore no list is needed and those also cannot be imported as individual units without respective license being already assigned/bonded-to FortiAuthenticator unit.

ALTERNATIVE

Alternative approach to export and sorting functions might be in REST API.
Kindly have a look to : https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiauthenticator/6.3.3/rest-api-solution-guide/875895/fortitoke...

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

SORTING

Unfortunately not all columns are sort-able.
And "Last Used" is one of those which cannot be sorted.

That's the limitation of current version of FortiAuthenticator.

EXPORT

Only list of hardware models of FortiTokens can be exported out via "Export FTK Hardware" menu button. No export for FortiToken Mobile, or Cloud models, as well as for 3rd party tokens (Yubikey).

Part of the reason is the difference between hardware and software (Mobile) FortiToken models and how they do activate in FortiAuthenticator.

Hardware models are independent and so imported as a list of tokens, or as individual units. While FortiToken Mobile units are imported as a bundle via license, and therefore no list is needed and those also cannot be imported as individual units without respective license being already assigned/bonded-to FortiAuthenticator unit.

ALTERNATIVE

Alternative approach to export and sorting functions might be in REST API.
Kindly have a look to : https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiauthenticator/6.3.3/rest-api-solution-guide/875895/fortitoke...

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors